ModAssy is a free software application from the Debugging subcategory, part of the Development category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2006-10-15. The program can be installed on WinME, Windows2000, WinXP, Windows2003, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Unix, Linux, Linux Console, Linux Gnome, Linux GPL, Linux Open Source, MS-DOS.
This is an advanced portable C++ library with 80 variations of the ASSERT macro, to add expressions, levels and optional actions. 48 are modular because they can also use Rich Boolies, allowing much more combinations than non-modular ASSERT macros. It is very flexible because it allows you to create custom loggers and assertion displayers, but you can also use the provided ones for Windows, wxWidgets or console applications. The loggers and displayers show extra information, like the date and time, the thread id, the current working directory, etc. and you can add infoprovider objects to ModAssy, to provide similar custom information.
It has eight basic assertions, that each have 16 variations, by adding four suffixes that add functionality.
It is very reliable and portable, as it has been tested with five different compilers (VC++ 6.0, .NET 2003, .NET 2005, gcc on Windows and Linux), with nearly all warnings enabled.
The Rich Boolies can do all kinds of checks and generate elaborate information:
* Relations between two objects: rbEQUAL, rbLESS, ...
* Bitwise comparisons: rbEQUAL_BITWISE, rbBITS_ON, rbBITS_OFF, ...
* Type checking (with RTTI): rbEQUAL_TYPES, rbHAS_TYPE, ...
* Working on ranges and containers: rbIN_RANGE, rbIN_RANGES, rbIN_CONTAINER, rbIN_CONTAINERS, ... These have an extra argument that tells what kind of check to do, e.g. Sorted, Compare, Has, Unique, ...
* String comparisons: rbSTRING, rbSTRING_BEGINS_WITH, rbSTRING_ENDS_WITH, rbSTRING_CONTAINS. These have an extra argument that tells what kind of check to do, e.g. case sensitive or not.
* Logical expressions: rbAND, rbOR, rbXOR. These can have Rich Boolies or plain boolean expressions as their arguments.
* Exceptions: rbEXCEPTION takes an exception as its argument, and uses the information in it.
ModAssy (version 1.5.1) has a file size of 1000.74 KB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 109 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.